IS SECURITY COMPROMISED IN THE CLOUD?
There are no more security risks than an onsite server, in fact you have more peace of mind in the cloud, due to the increase in controlsand procedures which they are constantly monitoring and improving.
For example, Microsoft Office 365 provides:
- 99.9% uptime guaranteed
- ISO26001 Certified Data-centres
- Password protected secure access to data similar to internet banking
- 3x virus scanners & spam filtering on your email
WILL I LOSE CONTROL OF DATA IN THE CLOUD?
There is a high level of data availability which is encrypted and segmented in the cloud. Some providers also allow you to choose how data is stored.
In Microsoft Office 365 you get simultaneous anywhere, anytime access to documents, emails, calendars and more.
IS PERFORMANCE A PROBLEM IN THE CLOUD?
It is easier to add/edit documents in the cloud, as well as keep in contact with colleagues / clients and manage tasks. The latest servers built for the cloud work on very high performance blades that most companies do not or could not afford to deploy in a physical environment.
Microsoft Office 365 provides:
- Microsoft Exchange Server: This allows users anywhere, anytime access to email, calendars, contacts and more. From any almost device, staff can manage appointments, meetings and see staff availability whilst on the go.
- Microsoft SharePoint Server: Allows your users to work with the familiar Microsoft Office Suite whilst synchronising documents uploaded from the desktop to the online workspace. This allows the user and colleagues anywhere access from mobile phone devices, desktops and via web browsers.
- Microsoft Lync Server: Users can communicate via audio, visual (including desktop sharing and video) and also instant message from where ever they are, from almost any device.