If you want to stay ahead of your competitors as a business innovation is essential. Business applications are of great importance here. Applications come in all shapes and sizes. On one end of the spectrum there are large complex systems for managing completely standardised and static processes. However there are also smaller simple apps that support unique business models, processes or business needs.
Despite a wide range of applications within today’s organisations, IT teams now often try to address needs with a single monolithic approach. This is more focused on the large, complex and slowly changing systems of the past. The results are often disappointing and due to the speed at which technological developments arise, it is also difficult to make the right choices. In this blog we explain the impact PowerApps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents and Power BI can have on your organisation.
What is Microsoft Power Platform
MS Power Platform consists of a set of Low-Code/No-Code tools within Microsoft 365 with which you can create business apps. An example of a business app is a simple annual leave application process with approval from a supervisor. The platform can also be used to support an entire industry with responsive mobile apps, automated process chains, advanced dashboards and interactive chat bots.
Using Microsoft Power Platform your organisation can quickly and easily build business applications, without programming knowledge and without complicated customisation. Power Platform brings data from Dynamics 365, Office 365 and many other possible sources together in one environment. In this environment, the strengths of the Microsoft services PowerBI, PowerApps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents are bundled into one uniquely versatile and powerful solution.
What does MS Power Platform consist of?
The tools with which you can build business app in MS Power Platform
- Power Apps for the interface between user interaction and data such as forms, mobile applications, data processing and (ACT)
- Power Automate for the actions to be automated to take simple repetitive manual work from the users such as sending messages, enriching data or even robotizing manual actions (AUTOMATE)
- Power BI for an optimal display of data in reports and dashboards (ANALYZE)
- Power Virtual Agents for chatbots that can answer the most common questions, whether or not linked to the previous tools (ASSIST)
- All the above tools can be connected to data via the so-called “Data Connectors”. These are numerous data connections (APIs) provided from Microsoft to connect to both Microsoft data sources (SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Exchange, SQL, Dynamics, Azure Active Directory etc.) and third party data sources (SAP, Salesforce, DocuSign etc. )
- The AI builder enables you to use the powers of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) through a wizard-like experience (again Low-Code No-Code) and integrate them into the rest of the Power Platform. Think of classifying data, recognizing objects, form processing and much more.
Tech-Wales MS Power Platform
At Tech-Wales we have fully trained staff to develop applications using MS Power Platform for your business. Combined with our excellent business IT services and business IT support we provide the complete package for your business. Feel free to contact us to discuss.